This is a guest post by Delia Wilson of Delia’s Little Plant Shop, our Hamilton Display Location.
– Big Beef: Big, tasty and high-yielding – produces early.
– Grosse Lisse: Fleshy, large, smooth tomatoes – very popular.
– Beefsteak: Always popular with home gardeners.
– Early Girl: The name says it all – one of the first to mature, good cropper, top flavour.
– Moneymaker: This is our favourite for consistent, good quality crops of mostly tennis-ball sized fruit.
– Black Krim: There’s no better for juicy taste than this one. Skin is burgundy/crimson/black.
– Russian Red: A hardy variety that produces a heap of bright red, golf-ball sized tomatoes
– Sweet 100: Cherry tomatoes – while there are many new ‘cocktail’ varieties now available, we consider these the most successful. This variety produces long trusses loaded with small, sweet tomatoes.
– Roma: This pear-shaped variety is easy to grow and great for sauces, soups etc.